Recharge in the Algarve, Portugal's Riviera
No visit to Portugal is complete without some R&R in the Algarve of Portugal, the country's beachy paradise. We ventured south and east towards the town of Sagres where cliffs dive into the ocean below and ended up in Albufeira, one of the livelier beachside towns in the region. Along the way we feasted on fresh seafood and recharged on the scenic beaches of the region.
1. The Southwestern Point Of Europe!
The lighthouse near Sagres sits atop a cliff high above the Atlantic ocean.
2. Warm Waters And Tan Sands Await
Heading into town you will find beautiful tan sands and azure waters.
3. Surfs Up!
One of the better known surfing spots in the region.
4. Feast Your Eyes On The Beaches Of Lagos
The beaches that dwell at the base of the sandstone cliffs near Lagos have to be experienced.
5. Stay In Central Albufeira Along The Water
Sol e Mar hotel in Albufeira
6. Watch The Moon Rise From Your Room
7. Then Walk The Cobblestone Streets
The streets and sidewalks of Albufeira are lively late into the night and fun to explore.
8. Enjoy The Seafood
@ Prazeres Restaurant and Bar
10. Dinner With A View To Finish The Trip
You pick out your seafood at Restaurante A Ruina and if you get there early enough you may be able to score one of the balcony tables that overlook the sea.
More To See